Enjoying time outdoors means fresh air, exercise, beautiful views, and quality time with family. However, ticks can easily turn a lovely evening into an irksome night, sneaking up on you through the grass at any given moment. We are proud to provide top-quality tick control services to keep you and your loved ones safe from the harmful diseases these pests can cause.
At CJB Pest and Mosquito Control, our tick control services include:
Free estimate on-site or over the phone
Immediate tick reduction & control
Long-term tick prevention
Recommendations to prevent breeding areas on the property
One-time treatments (1 or 2 year programs available for optimal prevention)
Why Choose Us For Tick Spraying?
Ticks aren’t just ugly, they’re downright dangerous. Each year in Southeast Michigan we see a drastic increase in the population of ticks, and store-bought products are no longer efficient in the treatment and extermination of tick problems. At CJB Pest and Mosquito Control, we are proud to provide the absolute best treatment technique for ticks, using a thorough system that works.
Our tick treatment program not only wipes out any current population around the home’s foliage, tall grass, and wooded areas, but we granulate your yard to prevent any from traveling through your lawn. This dual approach ensures you and your family remain safe from these dangerous blood-suckers. To meet the needs of every homeowner, we are proud to provide single application and season-long protection programs.
The lifecycle of a tick lasts for two years. With our two-year treatment plan, our professionals will use our top-grade equipment to spray your yard once in the spring and once in the early fall to break the lifecycle of these pesky pests, reducing their population over time.
What Ticks Feed On - Dogs & Humans
Ticks live on a blood diet that they consume from ticks on dogs or humans. After hatching from the eggs, ticks must eat blood at every stage to survive. Ticks that require this many hosts can take up to 3 years to complete their full life cycle, and most will die because they don’t find a host for their next feeding.
The Dangers of Ticks- Lyme Disease
The Federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates the number of Lyme disease cases nationwide could be ten times higher than what’s reported. Because of Lyme disease is relatively new in Michigan, and because its early symptoms often mimic what feels like the flu, infected people — and even their doctors — often don’t test for it. Doctors also don’t always report finding Lyme disease to their local public health department, said Erik Foster, an entomologist with the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services and a co-author of the recent study.
Perform a Tick Check - Tick Removal
As the ticks that spread Lyme disease spread across S.E., Michigan residents are advised to take additional precautions. Avoid areas where ticks are likely to present. Use repellents on clothing.
When outdoors in areas where ticks are present it’s important to do a tick check on any exposed skin. Remove the ticks as quickly as you can. Even if bitten, if you can get it off before 24 hours, your chances of getting Lyme disease are almost none.
The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services offers these tick tips:
- On outdoor excursions where black-legged ticks could be present, use insect repellent that contains 20%-30% DEET.
- Wear clothing that has been treated with permethrin.
- Take a shower as soon as you can after coming indoors.
- Look for ticks on your body. If a tick is attached to you, use fine-tipped tweezers to grasp the tick at the surface of your skin. Pull the tick straight up and out. Don’t twist or jerk the tick — this can cause the mouth-parts to break off and stay in the skin.
- Put your clothes in the dryer on high heat for 60 minutes to kill any remaining ticks.
- Hunters and anglers cannot get Lyme disease from dressing carcasses, or eating game meat, but are more likely to be in tick habitats.
- Pets can become hosts for ticks and also become infected with Lyme disease and other tick-borne diseases. Topical flea and tick treatments are recommended, and a Lyme disease vaccination is available. Consult your veterinarian for more information.
Reclaim your outdoor glory and keep your loved ones safe with reliable, top-grade tick spraying solutions from CJB Pest and Mosquito Control. To learn more about our dependable methods for tick control, contact our professionals today!